PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEA Redundancies?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 08:34
Callsign Viper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr "It should be a 'State of the Nation' forum not under an LEA banner" - Hear Hear !!

Well said Bacon -

I've tried to hold back but must say there is alot of crap on his thread , Im surprised its still dragging its arse.

I feel for the guys that have been made redundant, its not nice times and emotions are running high. At the end of the day it has come about beause of part overcrewing during busy times, loss of two managed aircraft, time of year and a down turn in the market. Everyone has been affected. End of!!

Lots of companies are making redundancies, not just airlines, in all walks of life. Surely this is a form of proactive management to continue business. Companies gain size and down size with the markets, thats economics! Welcome to the start of a deep recession.

Good look to all the staff that have had to move on. I believe 'Most' have been told they would like to be taken back on if and when the work picks up, all have been paid redundancy, no one shafted but no job guaranteed for life is it?

If an ops 'guy?' has got a job flying an Airbus in Zurich when experienced rated pilots can't find work i'd eat my hat (once they are sat in the seat!), haha. Thought you needed a Commercial and an Instrument Rating first Let alone speak Ze German fluently !!

CV