PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Display Flying
Thread: Display Flying
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2002, 04:19
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
dupre, in the UK you have to get a display authorisation from the CAA. This comes in multi layer as appropriate to your experience.

It goes something like this as explained to me by the aforementinoed Mr. Neville who is a CAA authorised display examiner:

1. The basic display is a flypast down the runway centreline.
2. You demonstrate to the examiner that you can accomplish this safely and know how to do it in various wind conditions without flying over the crowd.
3. You get your display authorisation for the flypast only.
4. From this basic level you then practise new routines and demonstrate to the examiner and, if he/she is happy as above, you get further extensions to your display authorisation.

A Public Transport C of A is not required cos no passengers are allowed. I'm assuming this as most of the warbirds operate on a CAA Permit plus a lot of the Yaks etc are on their own country registrations.

Under the terms of a PPL you can get "paid" your direct costs for the display, ie fuel, oil and a sandwich. If you want payment over and above that, you need a CPL or ATPL.

It's yet another thing I would love to do but haven't done anything about. This year for sure