PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beating the Rex Bond
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 04:52
Dave Incognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough, I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. I still think if you feel that you have been let down in regards to your agreement it is best to try and remedy that issue rather than taking things into your own hands. If my fridge was busted and they wouldn’t replace it I’d go to the consumer commission. Only then will things improve.

As I said, I’ve never had an issue with the company holding up their end of the deal when I was there. Occasionally I had scheduling try and pull a swifty, but a quick mention of the EBA and that was always sorted. The temporary basing was the only apparent reduction of conditions during my stint and even though it didn’t effect me, several of us contacted the appropriate Rex PC members to have it raised with management.

I am genuinely interested to know what has happened to people outside of the EBA that left such a bitter taste in the mouth as to renege on their training agreement.

If the Qlink guys are now on similar entry to conditions as Rex (i.e. getting paid during training), that’s great. I still worry though that the contempt many seem to show the signed bond will one day come around to disadvantage new starts.

Cheers.