PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEA Redundancies?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 03:42
hanover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are lots of rumours about the company at the moment both within LEA itself and from outside sources. There are lots of uncertainties of the future of the company as no one is being told. Yes there are redundancies, 3 EMB135 CPTS, 2 FOs, 1 C550 CPT, 2 FOs, 1 King Air CPT, 1 Accounts staff and 3 Ops Staff.

The Mustangs are not really picking up any work at all, With lots if crew not flying on that fleet. The King Airs rarely fly now with very little medical work which LEA seemed to have lost over time.

The Falcon and the Legacy (G-WCCI) are mainly with owners and have done less than a handfull of charters between them this month.

The Citation IIs pratically died months ago with one aircraft not even feeling air under its wing this month.

So yes, At the moment there are lots of issues with the company but am assured that the company will be ok through the bad times ahead with no more redundancies planned. Saying this, Just had a text from one of thier crew hinting that there are more pilots to go but as I said, Rumours.

Moral in the company is very low with even the bounciest of people very quiet now. I have been told that two of the Ops staff have found other employment, One with an airline in EDI and one in ZRH (Flying the Airbus). One of the EMB Cpts going to DXB and one to South Africa. Two crew hit 65 this year also so would of left anyway.

I am thinking that the management took every staff member on a credit system and in a way tried to help them all out.