PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skydive Pilot Gigs
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2008, 00:49
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
For all the new guys looking for skydive work.

In Sydney try Phil Onus, or Woolongong, although you couldn't pay me enough to work at Woolongong. I do know that there is one DZ a while back in WA that flew a van, but pretty sure a couple of drivers had that job stiched up.

Yes some DZ's and operators will make you pay for the endorsement and or ICUS. It's your choice what you would like to do on that one.

My only piece of advice is to be as friendly to the guys in the back as possible. They have more than likely seen their fair share of muppetts up the front, so prove to them that you are not a complete moron and things should run smoothly. However in saying that, set your boundaries and keep to them, at all times.

If you approach the trucking with a professional attitude it can be some of the most rewarding and memorable flying you will do, however as some have mentioned previously it is a high workload job.

And Tiger, if you are willing to pay for the endo and ICUS some operators will let you play with their train sets with around 300-400 hours. At that experience level however expect to be sweeping hangars, mowing airstrips, helping out with 100 hourly's and not get paid much at all for your trouble.

j3