PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIH Penzance?
Thread: BIH Penzance?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 20:24
jalbert1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If nothing else the WX issues alone will prove to be interesting.Lands End has a far worse weather record than the sheltered PZ heliport.A fohn effect I reckon.Not sure what minima the S61s operate to but when you can't see one end of the car park from the other it's all rather academic.Also wind.Whats the limit windspeed for rotor starting?As for future approaches (which will be non precision) with a 250 ft and a 350 ft - that's AAL by the way- hill within 1 km of the airfield minima are likely to be on the high side of ideal.A lot more in the way of hard surfaces will be required.Even a (gasp) runway?
All this will require a BIG upgrade to EGHC in every way and it will be great to see it .If it means the jobs of all (PZ and LEQ) are secured and hopefully more created then I wish it well.
Shame about the flying school and based private aircraft though.Can't there be a bit of a rethink here?I mean where do most of the Skybus pilots come from?What are AOPA going to say about one of their favourite airfields turning its back on GA?