PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 20:12
golftangofox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce Wayne, I read your well constructed posts with interest, unfortunately I have to concede that you may be right with regard to not being able to rely on the Trade Unions.

Recently I have been so frustrated that I feel my time and energy would be better devoted to a more productive cause.

The Gov must be laughing at us while we swallow their lies and reward them to the tune of millions in donations. Our reward is for them to make a potential nightmare become reality. How did we end up here? What a joke.

As you have pointed out before, the simple truth is if the National officers felt as strongly and acted upon our behalf, they could threaten to remove support to the Gov over this issue. If we stood firm the Gov would have to back down and billions of pounds of our money would be saved as well as our personal freedoms that took centuries to develop.

The Union can engage in these pretend debates with the Gov as much as they like, the real business of course continues apace.

Is there nothing short of actual civil unrest that will change anything, for all our self-important "debating" and hot-air?

Witness Greece as a forewarning of what could come to all Western societies in the coming years, when the security forces use lethal force to stifle anyone who dares protest. The anti-terror laws, snooping bills and Jacqui Smith's 10,000 new Taser stun guns aren't there to 'protect' us after all.

Hope I feel better in the morning.