PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sherby
Thread: Sherby
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 16:39
Silent Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a Ex flying member of sherburn, I found that the aircraft were well looked after, although sometime very difficult to book one on a weekend unless booked well in advance.
The facilities were very good. However like anything you pay for that with a higher membership fee’s which is fair enough.

However when my membership ran out a couple of years ago, along with 6 of my other friends that were flying members we decided to fly elsewhere. The club seemed to be making it difficult for any members to fly. .
Many times on an evening in the summer we wanted to fly but unfortunaly the club wasn’t open, Problems with booking aircraft. What infuriated us more was turning up to find the aircraft we had booked had been taken by someone else, mainly instructors.

Ok all clubs have problems but when it’s a business you should want to make it successful and by doing things we felt the need to leave.

However early this year when renewing our membership elsewhere we looked a sherburn again to see what changes they were. After looking and speaking to the guys across there why would we pay a membership fee of £138 and then have to pay a rejoining fee of £60 before we even get to fly?

Let’s say they lost out on 6 memberships!