PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air assesment
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 15:27
Afinehelmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys/Gals,

I've recently completed the Arik Air assessment at Alteon LGW and it went as follows:

Day One

Stage 1

Interview with two gentleman from Alteon (Not Arik), very friendly, professional guys. Interview lasted 40 mins covering CRM topics, personal history, tech questions about current type (B737) and the "why you" question. There was no "low ballers" or anything asked that a little bit of study won't prepare you for.

Stage 2

Computer game/micropat/psychometric/ATPL/Maths questions. This was covered in a classroom in front of a lap top and joystick. You had to fly an ILS, basically follow the Flight Director but the plane doesn't behave as a normal aircraft does. ATPL questions (25 I think), maths questions (type in a numerical answer, not multi choice) and 225 Psychometric questions. This stage lasted about 2 hours.

Day 2

Simulator Assessment

This was done in the B737-300 simulator at Alteon. As an aside I've never flown the classic before and this sim felt like it was in manual reversion throughout the assessment it was that heavy. The profile was straight forward, speeds are given to you by the assessor and you fly a departure, followed by steep turns. Track a vor into a holding pattern and then radar vectors for a two engine ILS. After landing take off again, an engine is failed and then you get radar vectors for a single engine ILS. All this is flown in raw data (Flight Director is not allowed) without any use of the auto pilot or auto throttle.

My SID was the LAM4M from 26L at LGW, stop altitude 4000ft. Then had to climb at 1000ft/min rate of climb at 250kts to 5000ft. Steep turns left and right, followed by tracking the 180 radial to the MAY VOR where the hold commenced. Leave the hold for the two engine ILS and then land, followed by the same departure, engine failure, single engine ILS.

Hope this information is of some assistance to those about to complete the Arik Air assessment. Good luck!!

Forgot to mention, I passed!!