PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC Optometry Department Closed
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 15:09
trap one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the overnighter. Ladies and Gents the comment was made in all honesty as I have experienced the same sort of med trip.
From exactly the same base as SA, as MT shift change was 0600 and there was no MT overtime available an early morning departure was not available to meat a rush hour 0900 appointment. It was therefore a depart previous day, overnight at a local hotel and be picked up after the appointment by another MT Driver. All because the appointment meant that I was to given eye drops and would therefore be unable to drive legally RAF MT.
Another part of the arguement for the double MT driver usage was that the appoinment was scheduled for a number of hours and that even though the Driver would be resting he/she would have gone over their "duty day" when the out/in journey and waiting hours were all taken into account.
The OASC clinic was very well run and people were very helpful to everyone I know used it.
To me it is not a matter of insulting various people but another small part of the reduction in the RAF as a whole. So instead of complaining about or insulting people it should be seen for waht it is a poster letting people know that another part of the RAF has gone and will not be replaced with a user friendly/local servise.