PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sherby
Thread: Sherby
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 13:42
Overthehorizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilotdom

I know Sherburn Aero Club very well. See the CFI with regard to an aircraft for the day or longer and he'll explain it better i'm sure.

How its explained to me and confirmed in the Pilots Orders is this. You are quite right that you must pay for a minimum of three hours in a whole day at the weekend but during the week it is a minimum of only two hours. Any unflown hours are not charged at the full rate, in fact any unflown hours are charged at only £20.00 per hour pro rata. Find a club which is as fair as that, you won't.

The airfield is operated solely by the club and as far as I understand it there had been major problems with large groups operating at Sherburn in the past, acting as a business on what is a private airfield. Private aircraft are encouraged and treated equally for training and are only charged for instructing/checks etc a small fee per hour. If you want it changed then speak to the committee, but the committee reprersents the whole membership not just a few. The group size rule has existed many years well before the current committee were elected.

Fake Sealion your talking out of your backside. What kind of tosser are you to be so offensive about an elected Chairman and committee who work for free and is left to make real decisions on behalf of the membership, NOT just popular ones. As for being so rude about the CFI who is an excellent professional and has worked so hard for the club and the members, you should be ashamed of yourself.