PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe BQ400 captain's red face!
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 12:59
Stop Stop Stop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It probably says more about what is wrong with this world when a simple decision to divert makes National news. The captain was absolutely correct in making a commercial decision for his company. I would have done exactly the same.

Why is it that when something like this happens, all the passengers come out of the woodwork and contact the BBC or SKY News? "Mr. Joe Bloggs, 28, who missed his grandmother's funeral stated that there was mild panic at the announcement that the plane would be diverted because of the fog and that he would be seeking damages in the High Court to have his grandmother re-interred on another occasion when he could be sure to attend!" Hypothetical maybe, but you get the drift!

I personally would not have even thought about calling the BBC- I would want to make sure I was on the next flight.

Perhaps the way this world is going that all pilots should not do PA's in case there is something said that is either misconstrued or said wrongly at a high workload time. Perhaps we should have pre-recorded PA's that just say..."owing to poor weather the aircraft is diverting. More information will be given on landing."

Perhaps that would satisfy the lawyers and litigators?