PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skydive Pilot Gigs
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 09:41
VH-BCY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jump flying

Tiger, I think it's pretty arrogant of you hoping to get a gig flying jumpers in a twin or turbine unless you have **** loads of hours. Jump flying is very demanding, and IMHO is one of the most difficult types of flying to do well. You have to deal with more variables than any other type of flying I know. I would like to see a proper rating issued to pilots who fly skydivers, something along the lines of an Ag rating. There has been too many accidents with jump planes that could have been avoided. There was talk about this some time ago but it seems to be off CASA's radar at the moment.
Yes some operators will charge you depending on the aircraft they use. It is a requirement to have 10 hours on type before you can conduct any parachute ops.
VH-FIF is owned by Simply Skydive and now lives at Camden. It will take off from there and drop at Penrith Lakes (bugger the long drive now ). Pitty there isn't a strip or evan a paddock closer to the Regatta centre that we could use. Does anyone own some land closer to Penrith where say a Helio Courier could take off from?