PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vaus Wants To Delay Orders
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 08:23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure someone will, but isn't Delta one of those ageing dinosaur legacy carriers with old aircraft and even older flight attendants.

If i am correct, they wont be much competition with V in regard to interiors and cabin service, but the US based feeder network may prove a bonus for them.

The other point worth noting is that V isn't the only airline in the world that has identified the LAX-SYD route as a money spinner. Unlike V, Delta have no pressure to start in the middle of the worst economic downturn in living memory, they could delay as long as they wanted, but instead they are choosing to do so in these uncertain times. Could it be that they are concerned that if they let V establish on the route now, then it would be even harder to gain market share once the economies recover.

But then again, i guess the rocket scientists here will have a good reason why Delta management know nothing about running airlines and are about to bring the company to its knees by flying the pacific.

Hard hat on and back to the trenches.