PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/Lynx all systems go at AW
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 07:42
Gnd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DM, I am starting to get the same felling about this thread as I do when AW start talking - it is going nowhere unless we agree with you.

Crab is in no way shabby when it comes to the tech and PoF required to prove that the Lynx at 4875 is a handful, T800s are great and are meant to let us actually get airborne in moderate temps (something that is embarrassingly missing at the moment) but will not stop the problem of an old, slow AFCS being re-installed on a modified bathroom thus adding the same bidet characteristics, regardless how you redecorate it. If I add gold wallpaper to the bathroom, increase the overall weight, the Pooh will still go down the pan in the same way!!!! You could narrow the pipe to slow it a bit but it will still go down.

I Think the bathroom analogy is the correct one for the Mk11, and no redecoration is going to make it actually do the job we, the poor, stupid users want or asked for.

Again,
have we been allowed to have castering nose wheels?
Can we have enough room in the front to actually use it (or remove the PSPs if they are the problem)?
How are we going to get the troops out of the places they NEED to be got out from?

All questions that were asked well before the 1st mock up was built and seem to have been re-interpreted.