PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anotther QANTAS CC Thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 05:57
whatever6719

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one cant wait till we get rid of the ones that want to go across to LH.
Remarkably yes, there are alot of crew that are more than happy flying SH which has a fantastic work/home balance as opposed to our friends at LH.
Anyway, speaking as a SH MEL FA, I think alot of us are sick at the way we have seen flying get sent everywhere but here. SYD, CNS, PER etc all have vastly superior patterns and the reason we may appear to whinge is because we are fed up at basically being continually shafted. Junior FAs this year in MEL have had huge pay cuts due to substantially less trips being allocated and when we voice our concerns to the FAAA (which many have and loudly) we have been given lip service. This may go some way towards explaining the frustration in MEL amongst the SH ranks.
I suppose an analogy that LH can understand would be if SYD LH base which we all know is pretty big, was to suddenly shrink by 20-30 percent almost overnight. That is what happened here when QCCA started and all the MAMs went over. Upon doing so, MEL flying shrank accordingly with heaps of trips going to CNS PER specifically and poss SYD SH. We have had no growth since except for a few base transfers from CNS which is at least something!

And so I guess, things are that bad down here, but only if u are a junior FA. If/when we get some recruitment into this new entity, we can expect some improvement....but in the current climate, Ill be happy just keeping my full time job!!
Cheers