PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beating the Rex Bond
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 02:59
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed... Fair is fair, and your word is your bond. NO PROBLEMS WITH THAT WHATSOEVER!
HOWEVER..... it is a TWO WAY contract. and WHEN REX start breaking their end of the contract, does that mean that YOU have to take a moral high ground because you signed the same document that REX did?

Why is it that companies can get away with blue murder against a pilot/pilot body, but as soon as a pilot decides to play by the same rules, they are ridiculed or slammed by their peers?or even worse, SUED by former employer for using the same rules as the company uses?

WHEN a pilot signs on, they agree to pay a bond if they leave. THE COMPANY also agrees to all the other terms and conditions in the contract. it is a TWO WAY document.... why shouldn't Penny look for a loophole in it??? I am sure as sh!t the company would... and they WOULD rip you off to the letter of the agreement if they could.

And when you get to the next interview, and they ask why you refused to pay your bond... the simple answer is, "I lived up to MY end of the bargain. I don't know what YOU'VE heard, but I can hold my head up high and say 'I did everything I was ethically required to do' "

Of course, this probably will NOT be brought up in the interview, as you would have DONE the interview prior to leaving!

Last edited by apache; 18th Dec 2008 at 05:15. Reason: typo's