PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Hainan Airlines & NetCompass
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 02:41
rgray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hainan Update

Dec 17, '08 - I just returned from interview with Hainan Airlines, B737.
Experience about the same, paid for flight to SEA, taxes for HNA flight to Beijing. Was met at airport by HNA representative, taken to the HNA airline owned hotel, which is about a 1 star maybe, have not stayed in a 1 star before so not sure, it was clean and being repaired daily to get it or keep it in shape. It was adequate, not bad, do have a dining hall or this is normal american fast food close. I don't think GoForIt got out much, because there are great itialian, mexican and other restaurants in the area close, real close in the euro village just a 3-4 minute ($2) cab ride up the road, could even walk it but the weather was cold so i didnt. Yes towel in room is very small, no need to bring your own just ask for large towel and they will provide. Did medical, written ATP and sim check. There is no interview as such, if you can pass all the test(s) your hired. I passed the medical, passed the ATP written (high failure rate there so study) and did fine in the sim.. I agree sim is up to whoever gives it, not a really set profile, did get multiply failures but i think that is just to save time, not a big deal. Only thing stressful about sim is not knowing what they want you to do because of language problem, my chinese is a little rusty, about like me english (i'm a texan). also, on the sim ride, use the autopliot like a real flight, they didnt like the fact i didnt use it and questioned me about that in the debrief, my answer - most screening rides i had done in the past was to see if i could fly not turn on the autopliot, i assured them i love the autopilot, guess they liked that answer. Does seem to be a high failure rate, about 50% by my guess and experience with others there. Not sure that is any worse than an american company. Planes are nice, english is not widespread and the air is better than before the olympic games (so i am told, if that is true glad i was there prior). but on the bright side will stay cat ii current........
also told would be reimburshed in beijing and now told (since i was hired) that i will get paid once back in beijing for training and have a training date. i blasted my contractor about this and and got a quick answer back to send in my reciepts and i would be paid right away, easier to put pressure on them after your hired.
so????? pay, sked and other seems good, i found china better than sand box (middle east), india or africa.....at least it is clean. scams........sure there are just like in america and everywhere else....be sure to use marked cabs, lots of impromptu cabs (people with cars) trying to get you to take them, but they are not worth the headache, they quote you a price then when you get there they claim they quoted you double and want you to pay double, i didnt....but it was a headache.

bottom line, i am going... i need a job and this seems like a good time to get out of america for at least 4 years, (you can figure it out). anyone wanting more information please contact me [email protected]

robert