PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sherby
Thread: Sherby
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 01:25
Pilotdom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is already a Sherburn thread running, which I am sure the mods will merge this thread with/to.

Sherburn is still a good club. Some people get too caught up in the politics of the place. If you simply want to turn up and fly, you won't have any problems. Ok, ok it's closed Mondays, but if it helps club finances then so be it. The club is now an Archer down aswell, but there was really only one member who flew it anyway. Might aswell have been his own aircraft. Hours are down, but the weather in Yorkshire has not been kind this year. Economic strains are probably showing aswell.

One of my main problems is the ridiculous rule of 6 members to any aircraft group. It creates an elitist element that is not required. Sherburn need to realise that PPL's want to take aircraft away for the whole day, and not have to pay a minimum of 3 hours for a day trip to Connington. They need to embrace the emerging non-equity groups that will improve fuel sales and cafe sales for the greater good of all who use the club, and increase memberships aswell. They have a great facility, which is underused at the moment. If I were in charge, i'd have a couple of non-equity groups running, maximum of 20 in all based aircraft and it would be raking money in.

I don't know the reasons why they don't, I presume it's those at the top, but how do we go about changing it?