PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC Optometry Department Closed
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 22:01
brit bus driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moreover, having just stepped into the big wide world, I can assure you - and those planning to rely on aircrew eyesight (enhanced or otherwise) - that the level of service outside (at Dollond & Aitchison in my case) does not even come close to that provided at CWL (which is actually the IATA for Cardiss would you believe ). I remember Penny scanning my eyes with some very Austin Powers-type machinery....

The deal is that you must have a six-monthly C/L check in order to wear contacts in lieu of CFS. I suspect that this will now become 'optional' with the local optician being made a suitable alternative. I guess this is akin to the days when we no longer had to trog to town and then round to Rayners of Harley Street to receive those delightful CFS.

This is not an aircrew whinge (even though the lenses are slightly cheaper than outside) but, I suspect, a comment on the continual reduction in the level of service provided in the medical field. As has already been alluded to, I suspect the biggest battle will be getting an appointment with the med centre and then convinvcing the SMO that yes, you do have to go and yes, it does have to be a F1771 on his UIN (see what I did there..).