PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 19:55
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the silly comments about my book/s on the T&L site are nothing to do with the Vulcan saga - it's just that the guy who runs that website is a bit wierd. Unfortunately, publishers and authors have to deal with that kind of stuff all time time these days, now that any random plane spotter can set himself up on the internet as an "authority". As a rule we don't step-in unless any comments are made which are defamatory or grossly inaccurate, chiefly because it's not worth the effort.

As for TVOC, I don't doubt for a minute that there are some very dedicated individuals in the team who have done an awful lot of hard work and they deserve our admiration and respect for a job well done - even if the outcome has been frustrating. But my view (which I've held for a long time) is that there are other people in the team that are there either to boost their ego, or to make a few bob, whilst doing nothing that other people couldn't do much less expensively. I've seen absolutely nothing over the past couple of years to convince me otherwise.

Last edited by Tim McLelland; 17th Dec 2008 at 20:36.