PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/Lynx all systems go at AW
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 18:50
penny pincher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Two Cents....

Hi Peeps,
I have followed the thread with a bit of interest as i do have a background on the mighty Lynx, Since i trained on it from squirrel i found the Nr loading to to be a real horror show, exploring the AW system in the process just to make sure!
DM your point is well made about the power on /off issue with loading, and actually, through real experience of the conditions required to catch you out on a daily basis, there realy is no replacement for training and practice. It was the transition from power on to off, either intentionally or otherwise that would effect the need to have your left hand cupping the collective as the AC Comd.
I'm must admit that i find the comments about having low Tq values and still having the ability to control Nr a bit confusing, it requires pitch to create drag to slow the rotor down...i think! So fadec would not have an input, unless through an AFCS function?
With that in mind the beasty i am floating about in does have FADEC and still has the same issues as ANY other AC that is big and heavy. The Lynx, with a Fadec'd engine and greater AUM will IMHO have the same issues as now, but with good training it will be no more than another trait on a great flying airframe. Pity it is just that, a good flying machine, not necessarily a fighting machine.

If i am mistaken in any of this then please feel free to correct me, I am utter ****e at Gnd School!!