PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REM Guitarist Cleared in Air Rage Case
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2002, 17:48
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt that the CC could now issue proccedings for assault. It would give Mr Innocent a heaven sent outer...ie that he was being victimised.
I understand he was charged with being drunk on an aircraft, which the jury appear to have slung on the grounds that if he had only had a couple of drinks, that his behaviour was the result of the 'small amount' of drink mixing with a drug, he cannot have been drunk. If he was not drunk, he cannot be convicted, the ingridents of the offence having not been proven.
As regards to endangering the saftey of an aircraft, well difficult to prove. I don't know what he was alledged to have done on board, apart from play a CD on a trolley...assuming there was something more then it would have to be shown beyond doubt that he acted in a way that endangered the saftey of that flight. For instance, kicking a seat couldn't have any effect on the flight, nor could kicking a memeber of the cabin crew...trying to break the window with a fire axe ...obviously would be.
Still, if BA insist on letting him fly with them a trip in the wheel well might cure him of his ways.........