PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC Optometry Department Closed
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 16:21
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OASC Optometry Department Closed

Ladies and Gents

For those of you a little bit blind like me, you may like to know that the optometry department at OASC has closed. Yes I had an advantage being right on the doorstep BUT......

I had been told to get in quick by a colleague but I left it just a tad too late. So when I tried to order some new CLs today ready for flying again post Chrimbo leave it took an age to get anywhere. I did get lots of help from the medics (thanks) but I'm now in limbo.

It used to be a case of just a simple phonecall -
'can I have another 3 month supply pse and to my home address?'
reply 'of course you can'.
Not any more it isn't. I now need to see a Dr to get referred to Selly in Birmingham. Of course I can't get a Drs appointment this side of Chrimbo as they are booked solid. An appointment needs to be arranged and deconflicted with work schedules then the transport has to be booked. Transport there the day before for an overnighter ready for an appointment early doors the next day followed by transport RTU. More than likely to be 1.5 to 2 days out of the office for a 20 minute appointment and all for the same prescription that has been on record at OASC for the last 3 years or so! Unfortunately my record hasn't been transferred....my fault I guess

What a blinder and a great admin stat.

Bamboozled yet again

SA