PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 15:57
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all way too complicated to explain at length even if I had the will to do so, but as I've said, in fairness to the people concerned, I'm not going to do that. But just to highlight one of the points you raised, the hangar business was a prime example. The Waltons would have allowed the aircraft to be hangared for free even though they could make a huge sum of money using the whole hangar for storage. It was the dear Felicity (who thankfully has now gone) that effectively p*ssed-off the Waltons because of things she said and did, until they (understandably) decided to charge for the Vulcan's hangar space. This was just one of the sagas which could have been handled professionally, and would have saved a fortune.

I had to laugh reading the accounts:-

No employee earned over £60,000 during the year.

Phew, that's alright then!

It would be funny if it wasn't so disgraceful. So much for being devoted to the aim of getting the Vulcan back into the air. Looking at those figures it looks more like one big gravy train...

I had to laugh at comments made by some people on a thread on another site, saying that it was obviously worth Pleming getting paid 60k. Have you ever heard such rubbish? Sorry, but that kind of figure doesn't indicate someone who has the Vulcan's interests at heart. Nobody has enough ability and talent to warrant that kind of money, especially when it's supposed to be a "give every penny" drive to get the aircraft flying. Besides, what precisely, are his talents that are so valuable? Not communicating with people? talking a load of claptrap when he's on TV?

Come on, this is just ridiculous.