PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 14:27
Southernboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blame

Sorry can't make the quote work. Justme69 said.

"At this time, the investigation officially hints to what we know: crew error due to "rushed" and not 100% "professional" operation of the checklists and procedures coupled with a recent hard-to-diagnose malfunction that wasn't properly noticed or corrected on time and made the configuration alarm inoperative for the takeoff."

So rushed departure created the problem & the failed system didn't warn them. If that's the case then it is easy enough to point at the people who initiated it but I'm still interested in why.

We all know about pressure put on engineers & we all know that pilots must put professionalism before being rushed for departure. I'm not talking about simple mistakes but cutting corners. How many here would say that the culture in their company would ensure this didn't happen? How many would say it could happen easily?

I've flown for both dodgy & highly professional outfits - all under the same regulator - and known damned well the company culture affects professionalism. Will the judge look any further or is this going to be another case of finding the obvious without asking why?