PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/Lynx all systems go at AW
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 12:38
Gnd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thirdly to GND: of course you are perfectly entitled to ignore manufacturers and RTS advice and put stuff under the seat, just don't coming crying back to the suppliers when it all goes wrong, things are done for a reason after all. I am sure that manufacturers don't do these things out of spite!!
Dangermouse, Thank you for the obvious comment. I promise I won’t come 'crying' to the poor manufactures who are obviously, totally, unselfishly looking after my welfare - in a f/ing war zone, we are in the Military not the peace, sub group H&S, corps. We already know the response of the caring, conscientious, selflessly striving company when we go crying to them that it is a piece of garbage, as has been shown on so many occasions before. Tail rotor drive shaft, bendix tie bar etc............

I must say I have been unfair - I have no axe with the ground workers. The put wire B into loom A, as instructed. They have no idea that this is a) not the loom we need, b) likely to be totally incompatible with any new piece of kit we might want to add (thus requiring a new loom (C) at astronomical cost and weight penalty (have the TOW looms been removed???) or that if we decide to start the rotors, the vibration will probably null the effects of even putting the loom in anyway.

Do we have a castering nose wheel yet or is that still superfluous to our obvious requirement????

The rest of the argument is pretty good, it is the wrong aircraft that started out right - where did we 'the user' get it so wrong as it looks as if it (again) will be our fault that we don't get what we need.