PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 09:54
doctorfox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one post only, sorry mate, didnt pick up ur sarcasm! your absolutely right. people saying they would give anything to fly for summer and do something else for winter is exactly what CTC and airlines are exploiting. And this is what is causing the problem for experienced unemployed guys, and ultimately these new cadets will become experienced unemployed guys.

Melnaboo, I appreciate your eagerness to fly, and I agree with you, I was there myself and so were many others, but believe me doing 6 months of the job you dream of, earning a good income, seeing new places, working nice hours and then to have it all taken away and working in a bar or as a leaflet distributor, double the hours and half the money and little motivation is something that i believe you can't keep up for long. Esprecially as there will be no guarantee of work the next summer.

One final point, in defence of CTC, they have been in the industry alot longer than most of us, they have a wealth of experience and this flexicrew thing may work out better than expected! They may have seen something that we havn't! I have my doubts tho!