PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vaus Wants To Delay Orders
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 09:06
goddamit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no expert but there has been so many errors over the last couple of years. The failure of the 'Blue Room'(had to be made over & relaunched as 'The Lounge'; targeting suits not backpackers), the failure of Live to Air, the failure of the premium economy product(had to relaunch it with free food & drinks), reliability of the Ejets, fuel hedging compared with the competition, problems with over crewing, & mismanagement with PB crew numbers & retention. Everything DD previously said is true, including the massive bonuses an elite few received as well as huge pay increases for the top guys & spending ridiculous amounts of cash on parties around the country. I do not know if they get market opinions & surveys of what the consumer wants or just go along with one persons dream of what he wants the airline to be like. I too loved what the airline was capable of. It seems it went well riding on the failure of Ansett but that was on the cards to outsiders long before it went downhill. Now maybe a change of leadership may work better. I'm sure shareholders are thinking along similar lines...what's the price again.