PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 08:49
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Fox, I was being sarcastic with "everyone is a winner". A little "hmmm" face doesn't really help re-enforce the point I guess!!!! The real winners are always just going to be the airlines and CTC. To be honest I don't really think new cadets will really be winners out of this either. I think we both agree that some might (via flexi) find themselves on a very protracted and difficult route to a permanent RHS job incurring a lot of cost and along the way and potentially helping to destroy T&C's for the rest of us!!

I totally agree with you about the problems this creates for unemployed experienced guys. Someone like Melnaboo comes along, pretty much works for free and there you go! We are all screwed!

I guess CTC have dreamed this up as they need to get cadets out flying so that they
A) stay in business as I bet they need cash flow like everyone else.
B) keep placing people so that they can keep recruiting.

While perhaps genuinely trying to do anything to get people up flying I feel that this scheme is a bit like giving a tramp £10 for some hot food on a cold winters day. Done with good intentions you come back later to find him smashed in a ditch surrounded by empty bottles of meths!!!!

While this scheme exists are airlines less likely to take on a permanent full-time cadet?? I reckon so.