PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beating the Rex Bond
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 07:07
povopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't entirely on topic, but why would anyone in their right mind pack up and move to sydney, to a job that you are bonded to, for 40k per year.

What is the average rent for a house/unit near YSSY? Add in possible loan repayments for your training and you end up eating the same 2 minute noodles that you were eating while bashing around the bush in a C206. No wonder he didn't pay back the bond, he would have been struggling enough just to buy groceries.

Is this what I have to endure when I finally have enough hours up to throw some resume's out there?. I am much better off in my current job, it is easy, I get paid 45k+ plus incentives and do not have to pay for internet/phones, let alone the privilege of getting my job in the first place.

I don't care about earning big bucks, I would be satisfied being able to tell my boss to "stick it, I'm going to fly aeroplanes" - But you have to be able to afford to live.

Apologies for ranting, but I have mates that left school at 16, did a trade and now own houses/BMW's/their own business. They got paid while doing thier training and love their jobs. I am still working in retail 4 years after finishing year 12 and all the money I get goes towards paying for flying training. After I finish training and get a job for a couple of years to get my hours up, I may be able to apply for a job at REX or the like and then proceed to get paid about the same as my mates were when they were 18. They will be 10 years in front of me.

Off to watch the cricket now before the men in white suits come to take me away.....

povopilot