PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job or linetraining with A320 typerating and 350 hours??
Old 17th Dec 2008, 06:51
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line training qualifications

easy307

Thanks for the very informative link. I think the accident report says it all. Those having a thick wallet should meet the same standards upon selection for these pay for training "Cadet" programs as those who are joining as employees. It is apparent that either the screening, training or both where not thorough enough to weed out the problems.

Unfortunetely the FTO's and airlines alike work with making money in mind and someone offering a nice stash of cash might just be able to slip through the system unnoticed until it is too late. I was not familiar with this accident, but I have gone through the report carefully. My threshold of taking over from the FO has just reduced a tid bit.

Before I get ripped apart, I am not saying that those that have been selected by the airline as employees are all good, far from it. I have flown with people that should not be flying period and I have flown with some really excellent guys that had done their type on their own and where then hired as "Cadet Pilots" yet didnt pay for their line training. I've also flown with those who did pay for the whole "Experience" some of whom again where really motivated and sharp and wanted nothing more than get a job.