PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2008, 00:10
AJ7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hairy Walrus

In my opinion its probably a paradox of a decision, its a career-decider really, but you'll likely never see the other side of the decision so does it matter??

Anyway, I'd say first of all if you can get a visit to both an Area centre and a tower, at least you can get an idea of what both places are like. Beyond that there are a million different reasons one is ''better than the other'' depending on what type of controller you talk to...

I wanted aerodrome from day one cause i wanted to go to Heathrow (we did basic course before we were split area or aerodrome) and we didnt have much choice, we had to apply to go and do aerodrome, there were 5 places from 44 going. I got lucky, and have not regretted following my instincts to this point. if i had got area i would have been happy too, although verbatim...

On the subject of age, im not sure i could have done it straight out of school - i was 22 when i started - however theres been enough 18/19 year old trainees who have gotten through (and been awarded recourses where necessary) Its a different kind of study I agree, but if you put in the hard work then it'll pay off.

Good luck with the choices...