PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2008, 21:03
1967kev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Age Factor

Hi guys,

I'm at the college just now on area foundation. I'm 27 and to be honest, there is no way I could have devoted myself to studying the way I have if I was 18 or 19. This was proven on our basic course when the majority of people who failed and never got recourses were younger students whereas the guys aged 25+ are doing relatively well so don't let HR and the ATCO interviewing you at stage 3 try and manipulate you by saying that because you have been out of school for 10 or 15 years, you will struggle to study because that is a load of !!!

And for the guys who have passed stage 3 recently, congratulations. When asked whether you would rather do aerodrome or area, think long and hard. If you choose to do aerodrome, you could be out of the college in 3 to 4 months, however if you opt for area then your in the college for 11 months and thats assuming you pass everything first time. I originally wanted to do aerodrome and got put on area but I wouldn't change it for the world now, its awesome fun.

If any of you guys have any questions about the college just give me a shout.

Cheers

Kev