PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job or linetraining with A320 typerating and 350 hours??
Old 16th Dec 2008, 20:55
scallaghan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I am just finishing my IR and then the MCC around a full time living to avoid those loans and will not be paying for a self funded type rating unless it was a exceptional circustance and a firm job offer. So I will be back to work once finished to my proper job and getting that needed experience.

After working in another industry for 10 years and knowing how employers can take advantage; I have been very careful with everything and allowing for a position to be able to walk away if needed from any training provider I was unhappy with.

I dont understand why employers should ask newly qualified or perhaps more experienced pilots to fund type ratings when that individual spent out on the initial training.

If people stopped paying, then these businesses would have to address the issue as it would impact the business eventually some way down and allocate funding to staff training as in many other businesses.

Wouldnt expect some other professional jobs to ask for 20/30K ontop of someones initial outlay when salaries and perhaps rostering locations impact a part of that persons financials and subsqent loan repayments.

I suspect the integrated providers will have student funding issues now and perhaps those employers asking for type ratings to be paid will realise access to funding will be a problem the hard way.

Good luck finding work on the airbus