PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2008, 19:54
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before anyone comes shouting back.....remember this is a question which does not neccesarily require an answer.

Should islanders not be grateful for Flybe's service? Afterall when BA Connect was taken over, they carried on with the routes. They could have dropped them all together but that would have been wrong so they stayed around.

EMX then went down the pan and this too was Flybe's fault. But despite all the agro they recieved they maintained their routes and whilst frequencies may have been adjusted key routes are still available for those that need them.

Dont get me wrong if I could persuade Flybe to pull out of the IOM tomorrow I would, as I have yet to meet or speak to one single IOM resident which would entice me to visit and I think the aircraft are completely wasted there. (Such a shame as I expect the island itself is nice) But rather than slagging them off all the time could you not, for the love of god, just be happy you have air routes to the mainland?

Some airports have no commercial routes anymore, and some are going on with one or two such as Manston and Coventry. Imagine IOM without a frequent air service to LGW. If BE were not there another airline would be with fares just as high - in fact if we monitor Aer Arrans I am sure they will go up.