PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots fired for attempt at take off from taxiway
Old 16th Dec 2008, 11:57
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hong Kong Fooey . It must be nice being superhuman and therefore incapable of making mistakes. I am sure this crew deliberately intended to take off from the taxiway and endanger all those lives. I will be the first to say that being professionals we are held to account and yes that means loosing our jobs at times like this. However I think you subsribe to the brigade that thinks we never make mistakes and believe me I would not want my family in the back with an attitude like that upfront !!
Over the years there have been many incidents of crews taking off or landing on taxiways , some with catatrophic results. Many other incidents and accidents too where human error was to blame. If you are arrogant enough to think that you can go through an entire career without even a mistake ( that may well have been trapped by someone else in the system) , then my friend you are a novice with much to learn. There is no professional pilot out there who was involved in a serious incident who believes , " it will never happen to me " , but many are the arm chair warriors who remain opiniated.