PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anotther QANTAS CC Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2008, 09:19
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Ka.Boom

Yes I have a confession....I am actually President of the Parabadoo Branch of the Ladies Auxillary Lamington Association.

Thank you for your contribution and I respect your views re: seniority. Like yourself, I too am free to express my opinions on a freely democratic forum such as PPrune. Qantas Airways is a company....not a friendly co-operative commune. I joined a company...not a fraternity, not a friendship group, not a reading bookclub.....I joined a company. I am employed by Qantas Airways. If my employer puts forth an idea that I believe works for me...then of course I am going to vote for it. I make a decision that works best for me....and likewise, you will make a decision that works best for you. I don't owe any 'fraternity' or 'group' any obligation or allegiance...it is a decision that I am making between me and my employer.

If Qantas turned around and told me that I can have whatever day off I want in return for giving up my choice of flying...then of course I am going to agree to it, because I see this as a benefit to me. It is of no concern of me that Joe Bloggs wants to do 5 day trips so that he can spend Saturdays with his son at soccer etc. I simply don't care...and Joe Bloggs should not care that I want to have certain days off in the month so that I can run my Lamington Drives at the Parabadoo Fete.

Just like EBA voting...at the end of the day, we vote on what we think is best for ourselves....not what we think is best for other people. This is the reality of the world we live in. To think that this is Alice in Wonderland is utterly foolish and flawed.

I have rights. You too have a rights. But you don't have the right to stop me from having my rights.

Merry Christmas. Just to let everyone know....the Parabadoo Branch make fabulous mince pies.