PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2008, 08:43
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While there are people in the system saying "flying is flying" and "at least it will get us 400/500 hours on type" the contracts will never be amazing. It doesn't make commercial sense for a company that is struggling now times are getting tough to pay anything other than the total minimum.

On graduation our standards are set fairly low already. £1000 a month for 6 months. Originally palatable because you KNEW there was a job at the end of it!!!
Now if you get offered a contract of say £2000 a month people will jump at it. After sitting in the hold pool for a year it will seem very attractive. The fact you have to rent abroad for 6 months and travel to and from the UK at your own expense doesn't matter as at least you are flying and getting hours!!

Maybe I am wrong and the package's will be outstanding, all expenses stuff but I am not going to hold my breath! Can't help but feel that this flexi scheme will not be wonderful but we shall have to wait and see!!!

What worries me is that the airlines will love it and Bambe I think all partner airlines (with one or two exceptions) will use the scheme. Why not? It provides cheap, flexible labour!! Perfect! They save money, CTC make money. Everyone is a winner!! Including the cadet who gets a few hundred hours .

I guess CTC are only responding to the times but I think that once you start down on that slippery slope........! Who do you blame though? The airlines? CTC? The credit crunch? Global warming? The French?

I think in some shape or form this scheme will live on forever.