PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anotther QANTAS CC Thread
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 20:54
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call Button, i disagree with you. I think the company would use any opportunity to get rid of the seniority based system.

My personal view is that the current system is not perfect as there are so many variables that come into play when building a roster. but it is certainly better than most of the other options i have seen over the years.

Sadly some people only see their lives through the roster and what gets put on their lines and they dont see the bigger picture.

That is why the FAAA has always had the view that some choice is better than no choice. Crew have to realise that if they keep complaining about the roster system something will eventually give....

The company are looking for any opportunity to undermine the current system and the Melbourne base is where they think they can find a chink in the armour.

The FAAA has to represent the view of the majority of crew and has always believed that the majority prefer the current system despite its faults. Sadly in melbourne which is populated in the QAL area by mostly ex SH crew they are screaming so loud about not getting what they want that the company ears have started to prick up and managers are going to the crew and saying well we would love to make the system better but you have to get onto the FAAA about it and "band" together.

The FAAA has issued a newsletter indicating that the elected official support the current system warts and all. However they have clearly indicated that in any democracy the majority rule.

I think that the Melbourne base needs to shut their collective traps over their bloody rosters as they made a choice to go there to save commuting costs.

The best thing that could happen is the closure of the melbourne base. All the flying would then come to Brisbane and Sydney and the quality of rosters overall would improve.

It's interesting that the Brisbane base despite having similar problems does not whinge constantly like the moaners in Melbourne....Perhaps its the weather???