PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 19:54
SASless

Received 510 Likes on 212 Posts
Mama,

I have plenty of "good" to say about Bristow....but one has to admit the Nigerian part of Bristow is not quite the Cat's Meow. There are plenty of good people there...always have been. In all fairness, one has to admit there have been some very interesting decisions made over the years that beg criticism.

As to "hating" Bristow...not at all. There are a few folks that I do not swap Christmas cards with and that is where most of my comments both derive and are directed.

Just as you rightly point out....ACN nowadays are having some serious problems but they too stem from the Top and not from the bottom up.

I have described my theory about life cycles of helicopter companies....and point out they all have their ups and downs...much as do sine curves. I always supported the notion one was wise to determine when an outift was at the bottom and turning up as being the time to climb aboard and ride that horse until the it eventually takes it dive towards the bottom....and repeat the cycle by finding one in ascent and go for that one.

Just as some Bristow folks jumped ship for ACN a few years back....perhaps there will be some coming back for another hitch with Bristow.

It is refreshing to see new....modern aircraft arriving and the old relics being replaced....that is good news for everyone.....as I am sure the old hands that have been in country for many years will be given priority on the new seats rather than folks being brought into country just to fly the new aircraft.