PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Catalina Ferry to Oz is On
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 10:32
henrygriffiths

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Residents of Seia

I must add my accolades to those of wingnuts for the people of Seia. I was there for last year's attempted ferry, and can't praise the efforts of the locals enough. Miguel in particular was a gem.His wife also contributed greatly by interpreting for Geoff when dealing with tradespeople and the bureaucracy. Other locals were always popping out to see how things were going. I have a photo of a local lady with a paint roller on the end of a 20' pole painting out the Chilean registration. This year we have to add Jose to the list of people who made it possible, a fully trained LAME who gave his time freely, and his mum did our laundry!!! The local restaurant, the hardware store, Jose's brother with the transport business and workshop, couldn't have left there before the snow set in without them. About 6 lighties flew in on the 15th to watch the test flight and eventual departure to Salamanca, and aircraft buffs drove from Lisboa and Oporto to send us off. Fantastic people! Marvellous mountain area with great walking in the Serra d' Estrella National Park if you are into that sort of thing. Spend a few bucks in Seia if you visit Portugal.