PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair cabin crew floored on landing
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 09:53
Dimplyred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair cabin crew floored on landing

We were returning from Rome on Saturday and travelled back on a Ryanair flight. As we came to land the Captain/First Officer informed the cabin crew there was ten minutes until landing. I really like flying and take a keen interest with everything that goes on whilst onboard. As we were about to touch down on the runway I was peering out of my window but looked back into the cabin and realised all the cabin crew were still standing up and moving around the aircraft. We were in the front few rows of seats and luckily one of the stewards noticed he could see the ground and shouted to the others to sit down. He literally sat in his seat as we landed but a young stewardess was not so lucky and ended up on the floor at the side of her seat. I think the only thing that was hurt was her pride but as you can imagine it did look a little strange from a passengers point of view.

The Captain/FO had not told them to take their seats for landing, which is what I am used to hearing. Just out of interest is that something he needs to do or is it the cabin crews responsibility once they have been informed there is ten minutes to landing.