PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Head of Royal Navy threatens resignation over push to scrap Harriers
Old 15th Dec 2008, 07:15
In Tor Wot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst we are all discussing the merits/otherwise of carriers perhaps the issue of self defence is still pertinent especially when the world's largest navy gets caught with its trousers down.

On the lines of the original thread:

Despite the merits’ or otherwise of GR9 hours v Typhoon or F35A v F-35B discussed thus far, I feel that the incessant leaking by the senior Service is counter productive, both to their cause and that of the military as a whole.

It has a corrosive effect between the Services and leads to all sorts of allegations of Machiavellian plots against one Service by another. I doubt very much that there is a single head of Service that sits ruminating over his frosties in the morning about how he can 'screw over' the other services. Call it naive if you wish but I do feel that the level of paranoia displayed on here for the last 8 pages is the result of the constant drip of leaks and misinformation purveyed by those that should know better.

As for falling on his sword, if the Head of the RN has really threatened to resign then why has he made no public commentary on it in the same way that Dannett did (Torpy not included as I'm referring to leaders with balls) rather than leaking it through unattributed sources?

Last edited by In Tor Wot; 15th Dec 2008 at 20:54.