PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seabourne Airlines
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 05:19
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your racist commentary really shines through in your post. I don't know if the views you've expressed are those of your brother or you but it never ceases to amaze me how individuals who have so much contempt for their living conditions and surroundings do nothing to change their situation but criticize at any opportunity.
I will take a piece of that pie. Lived and worked there for a few years.
The Virgin islanders and the majority of those who think that is their roots are probably some of the most corrupt people for which the U.S. taxpayer gets hosed. Police are useless and usually involved in most of the activity. Anything to do with getting government workers to function is a total loss. Major cases handled by the local FBI Office: Political Corruption.
As to "do nothing with changing their situations" you must be asleep in that Sherpa. The Government pours tons of money into those islands all they get is useless government agencies that piss money away and nothing gets done. Shall we talk about the "Bridge to Nowhere" on the east side of St Thomas. One that was paid for by the taxpayers when one of the local crooked senators got funding. The dam bridge sits there for what twenty years with no road on either end. Just one of many from those dope smoking idiots. Maybe empty out all the Turnbull bank accounts and then cap him on the beach like they do in liberia...

So easy for some shmoe to label people racists when the root of the problem is one race. Go vote for a democrat. The majority who live in the projects are a bunch of ungrateful losers. So much so they have to build new projects as these folks destroyed the first one on St thomas.
Sherpadriver is getting a bit touchy sitting over there in St Croix drawing all the big bucks, probably does not have to deal with everyday life at least on St Thomas.
Of the three islands the only livable one is St John. Prices keep out most of the trash. St Croix is a little rural and as long as you dont wander out at night in the cities or try walking around, your odds are better. Do that at night near Smith bay and if you only get robbed your lucky.
St Croix as I remember got so bad the cruise ships refused to dock for a while.
As for a lot of the white trash that hit that place, most are seeking the good life after wasting most of theirs in other places. Dead end jobs for dead heads.
Lots of tourisim there, most are disappointed if they venture off the ships as to rip off prices, urine soaked beaches and trash all over the place. Most tourist who stay on the islands stay in "compounds" or areas that are off limits to any other than guests. Wonder why that is......

As to Seaborne who are no longer doing tours, all I have known who work for them are satisfied. Its a place to get twin turbine MES time and they seem to be happy with the latest pay. I think the routes would bore me to tears, but thats just me.

So now I can sit back and let Sherpa driver tell me why I want to live in french town. Check 6 and I both had the same backrounds in other lives, so dont call us racist, call us realists. The difference between a racist and a tourist on St Thomas is usually about an hour.
Celebrities?? Yep have a few down that way. In fact Kelsey Grammer was born there. Lovely place, his father was murdered there. Tim Duncan, big basketball star, St Croix. The Government actually had to cut a deal with him so he would call that place home..... (Its called tax incentives) Most all of the other celebs live in the BVI, probably safer.
Hows my bud in the Panther Navajo, he retire yet??

Hows this one....Yes there are many GOOD Honest Virgin islanders......

Goffel, come visit the islands, you would even become Gatvol in no time.

Last edited by B Sousa; 18th Dec 2008 at 18:45.