PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking For First Job... Any Help?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2008, 21:29
CFM56-7B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australia?

Shall I make the point that yours it's one of the few (with NZ) western countries where agencies are advertising for F/O jobs on Medium Jets? And with fairly few hours of experience on type too...

I mean... I know that you would need the hours on type for that but trust me, if in Australia the situation is for real not good , then I'd rather follow the advice from IrishJetdriver.

If you had 500 hrs on type you'd get a very good job in your place straight away. Here in EU there's almost NO chance for Medium Jet F/Os even with 2000 hours!

You're the only guy I would suggest to pay for line training ( that would nevertheless mean totally ******* the market and your future collegues, while you also get enslaved by some company).
If you have AUS passport buying your way to 500 hrs on type (B737 the cheapest/best) still looks like some kind of investment. Here in EU it's just a silly waste of money!

I love EU but as a pilot I would like to have your AUS passport! Check some contractor websites and you'll see what you have in your pocket...

Good luck!