PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2008, 20:22
Chugalug2

Received 227 Likes on 70 Posts
KG86:
In my opinion, this thread should be allowed to stand or fall on its own merit, like other equally worthy threads such as the Nimrod Afghanistan accident.
Both were indeed terrible accidents, that is agreed, but it strikes me and I suspect others (not the least of whom is PPRuNe Pop!) that there is one fundamental difference. The crew of the latter, though deeply mourned, do not have the stigma of having been found Grossly Negligent by their AOC and CinC, contrary to the conventions of their Service. This is seen as unjust and unfair by those who campaign on their behalf. There is still a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong within the British, despite all the trials that may have befallen their benighted land, and this is wrong. Endex.
Oh, one more thing, as I understand these processes they were not found guilty under Air Force Law as was intimated earlier. The BoI Reviewing Officers came to a finding an administrative procedure though a very serious one, or that is my belief and as ever I stand to be corrected, swiftly no doubt!