PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Holding Pool
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 20:12
CABUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to get this straight, Flying Clara paid for a TR for 35K, passed the Airbus TR (which is extremly tough) then completed the line training to a high enough standard to be asked to apply for the DEP pool, passed that and was placed in the Easy holding pool (which I believe) along side many more experienced pilots AND is a low hour pilot! Not only that but Easy are known within the industry of having very high standards, hence why Virgin dont requrie Easy pilots to do a sim ride. In my mind that equals a good natural pilot, I understand everyone has issues with the 35K but no one has issues with CTC cadets, I find that amusing. Dont they work for free for six months with no guarantee of a contract at the end of a very expensive course? I also wouldn't be too sure that the CTC guys will have priority of the hold pool, obviously they are free which is great however, in my airline when their training comes to an end they dont have priority over the hold pool OR other cadets. Maybe some people looked at the market before starting their training and decided to keep it as cheap as poss and put any further monies they have towards a TR at the end as that was the way the market was going. Also, before rich daddy comment start flowing maybe some people thought of this then saved the money before starting the training and have relitivly low loans in comparison to others. I know of quite a few guys who have done this and it has paid off for them, obviously I am not saying that this is what Flying Clara did but I am just getting fed up of these comments and thoughts of 35K for TR = crp pilot + rich daddy + golden spoon. Maybe some people should stop being so bitter that others are in holding pools when they have paid for a TR!