PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training Europe Assessment Day
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 17:58
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love to have a go at those tests. I imagine I would fail and be told I have no future as a pilot. Disappointed I would return to my job..........as a pilot

Now in fact, years ago when Aer Lingus sponsored cadets. I applied, did the psycho tests and was later told I wasn't what they wanted. Equally on the other hand I applied for a low paid factory assembly job using a similar test and failed again or so they said. I suspected it was a filter mechanism to reject people without having to interview them.

Yes, I am a bit cynical about these tests. But they can use whatever criteria they like to assess potential students. I suppose it would eliminate the real no hopers. But I can't help wondering. Does anyone actually fail these tests? Or is it window dressing to give prospective students the impression that they are actually being selected by the school rather than the other way around? It seems to me that they actually want to eliminate anyone who might potentially struggle a bit but pass eventually. As this would drag down their record.

Does anyone know of someone who was told to seek another career after one of these tests?