PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difficulities with Globespan
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 13:23
El Grifo

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
I suppose what has surprised me the most on this thread, is the sheer extravagance of some contributers, allowing them to run away with the facts and turn them into fantasy.

Here are some "fact" facts.

I did not in fact contact the press, that was red herring I contacted Globespan.

Globespan called me yesterday. The caller was a rational, clear thinking person, a far cry from the gender-confused, lightweight item that shreikingly dismissed me last week.

A decision had been made higher up the chain, that I had in fact been treated unfairly and that in fact there was a flaw in the system regarding overseas callers.

They offered to change my flight dates.

Unfortunately, the rider was that a decision regarding new dates would have to be made today, Saturday at the latest. The doctor however, will not make any decision regarding fitness to fly, until Wednesday.

A sympathetic and benevolent soul has kindly supplied me with all of the personal contact details I need to get in touch with Tom Dalrymple, Globespan's chairman. He is described as "A bit of a tyrant" but someone who would like to hear how his staff are dealing with problems such as this.

Why quit when I am ahead.

Monday will see me having a chat with the aforementioned Mr Dalrymple, something I am quite looking forward to really. It will be interesting at least to get his views.

Broadly speaking, there are three different kinds of people on this thread.

People of the same mindset as myself, who will not tolerate injustice and expect fair play.

People who appear genuinely concerned about the welfare of the "passenger"

and

People who seem quite happy to fall at the first hurdle and allow themselves to be trampled into the ground. People of this nature not only do themselves a disservice, but make it easier for companies to deny the rights of others.

As I said earlier on this thread, in 0ver 90% of the times I have taken up cudgels against a company, I have come away with a favourable solution.

I recently had €8000 worth of camera gear stolen between HAV and MBJ.
The airline in question after, much discusion and a bit of coercion, had it replaced within four days.

This ticket issue is by comparison, chickenfeed

For the humanists here on the thread, I talked to the patient today, she is up and about and taking short walks along the hospital corridors. She had to cut the conversation short however, as she spotted the WRI ladies arriving with tea and biscuits, she knows her priorities.

As soon as she is well enough to travel, La Grifa will fly back and bring her here.

At the risk of "banging away" I will come back after speaking to the fearsome Tom.

Thanks for the pm's